Weslo Cadence G 5.9, R 5.2 Review
If you are looking to confirm if buying a Weslo treamill is a wise choice you’ve come to the right place. Before taking the plunge have a look at the pro’s and cons of each model (G 5.9 & R 5.2) along with a lot of other hidden info you won’t find on any other treadmill review site.
If you’ve looked at other brands of treadmill models on your journey to find the perfect fit, you’ll notice there is a vast difference in price. You could assume then that the more expensive models are the best. NOT always so. One thing you can’t afford to do as our treadmill reviews have demonstrated, is write off the cheaper types. This is definitely true of a Weslo treadmill. Here are two of their leading treadmills that have achieved 4 star ratings on Amazon from over 1000 customers.
If you are in a hurry you can see the latest New Year prices HERE.
Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill
If you’re looking for a reliable treadmill that is also a space-saver, then you will not be disappointed with Welso Cadence 5.9 treadmill. This is a No 1 bestseller on Amazon. Like its previous counterpart, it comes with the tinted blue display and the ample-sized treadbelt. It’s priced slightly lower than the 5.2, which means that it’s even more affordable. The price fluctuates on the G 5.9 as it is such a big seller and stocks can replenish really fast on a daily basis on Amazon. Some Amazon stores sell the 5.9 for a mere $287-350 and the 5.2 for a slightly higher $330–$400. So, what doesn’t this have that the 5.2 has? You don’t see much of a difference except that it features the simple two-color screen, unlike the LCD multi-window readout from the Weslo R 5.2.
Nonetheless, you’ll appreciate this line and the following features it comes with:
- Assembled dimensions: 64L x 29W x 55H inches
- Has the SpaceSaver design so that you can tuck away your Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill with ease
- Ample 16 x 50 inches of running surface
- Powerful consistency from 2.25 HP impulse motor engineered for longevity and 1.5 continuous horsepower drive motor – good for running/jogging
- Made with the Comfort Cell Cushioning technology to absorb impact
- Equipped with a blue-tinted Workout Matrix Display so that you can monitor your progress with ease even when you’re in a room with poor lighting
- Comes with six workout apps that provide you with variety
- Heart pulse monitoring sensors read your bpm
- Kindle or tablet holder space
- Dual water bottle holder spaces
- Manual Incline
- Has the fairly adequate 16″ x 50″ treadbelt
- Total weight capacity: 275 lbs.
- Comes with a 90-day warranty that covers the following: motor, labor, and parts
Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Summary
This treadmill was first introduced to the market in 2012. The Weslo Cadence g 5.9 treadmill is even more perfect for those of you who want a complete bargain. Currently as of Jan 5th 2016 this treadmill has over 1500 reviews on Amazon, and it has received an overall majority of 4*s.
OVER 52% OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE BOUGHT THIS TREADMILL ON AMAZON HAVE GIVEN IT A 5* RATING. – see here.
It isn’t the worlds smoothest treadmill, but it is adequate enough to get you fit. You can use it for brisk walking and jogging. The Weslo Cadence G 5.9 is also perfect for those on a budget, or anyone who is elderly or recovering from an illness or in rehab.
For those of you who don’t like the pressure or atmosphere of working out in a gym, then this extremely cheap treadmill will be a good friend. It’s 6 workout programs including one focused on advanced heart rate training, are enough to give you a challenging workout.
Weslo Cadence R 5.2 Treadmill
You get great value for money with this line from Weslo. If you enjoy walking or light jogging, this model is a good fit. You can store it easily in the corner and simply pull it out when you need it. But the best part about the 5.2 model is that it provides the basics you need for a good workout: preset programs, incline slope, and a display monitor. It is not suited for fast running, but if you want a cheap treadmill for regular jogging and fitness, then this Weslo treadmill represents excellent value for money.
More importantly, here are some of the Weslo Cadence treadmill features that you’ll appreciate:
- Based on the SpaceSaver design so that you can tuck away your Weslo Cadence Treadmill with ease
- Has a two-position adjustable incline – increases workout toughness and recruits more muscle tissues by varying intensity levels
- 2.25 HP and 1.5 continuous horsepower drive motor –perfect for walking/jogging/light running
- Made with Comfort Cell Cushioning technology which absorbs the impacts your joints would usually take with road running
- Has a blue-tinted Workout Matrix Display so that you can monitor your progress with ease even when you’re in a room with poor lighting
- This Weslo Cadence treadmill is able to produce a graph that visually captures your complete workout
- Comes with six workout apps that provide you with workout diversification
- Has got a 0 to 10 mph QuickSpeed Control so that you can adjust speed even in the middle of your workout
- Comes as standard with the sufficient length 16″ x 50″ treadbelt
- Can monitor your heart rate
- Total weight capacity max: 250 lbs
- The warranty term gives you 90-days on parts, labor, and importantly- the motor
R 5.2 Summary
This Weslo Cadence R 5.2 is extremely easy to use. It will get you up and jogging if you have never owned a treadmill before. It has all you need to get fit, and you can also store it away after use. It is a no frills model, but it still has an incline, and basic cushioning to take the stress off your joints plus it will also display enough stats so you can check how far you have went, or how much calories you have burned up.
Then there is the added convenience of working out in all weather conditions, at whatever time you like. No more rushing to the gym after or before work and circling the car park for an empty space. You can have your own little workout partner, all for the price of a few months at a commercial gym.
This treadmill is very well received on Amazon and consumer feedback shows that this treadmill is a solid winner as it has almost 500 4* ratings as of January 2016. 54% of buyers gave it a 5* review and 24% gave it a 4* rating. So 78% of overall buyers gave this treadmill a very approval standard.
What Have Weslo Treadmills Got?
If you want the convenience of foregoing the gym and working out at home (on a budget) then a cheap Weslo Cadence Treadmill will be right up your street. First of all, you can get one at just over $300. This may come as a pleasant surprise for many of you because this means that you can finally get your very own treadmill without breaking the bank.
Weslo are a branch owned by Icon Health & Fitness and they produce an inexpensive range of treadmills, elliptical training machines and exercise bikes. Icon are a monolithic sized health & fitness company.
A Weslo Cadence Treadmill Is Solid
The moment you step on a Weslo Cadence Treadmill, you’ll notice how solid it feels beneath your feet. You can increase your running speed and feel confident about your run. Feel the frame and you’ll see that it’s sturdy as well. As for the running deck, it has the length that the average jogger needs.
Weslo treadmills provide you with enough cushioning to protect your back and legs during long runs. They are built with a patented shock absorption system called Comfort Cell Cushioning, the very material that absorbs impact to keep your joints well protected all throughout your run. If you find yourself running in poor lighting, then the Workout Matrix Display will be good for you. It’s tinted blue, which means that you can workout in the garage or dingy basement and still monitor your progress. The monitor features your track time, distance, speed, calories burned, pulse, and resistance. It even provides you with a graphical representation of your complete workout routine.
As for the type of exercise you’ll have, you can very well design your own routine. Or, you could also access the pre-programmed workouts that have been built into the system.
Basically, you can benefit from your cardiovascular efforts with the Cadence Treadmill. The adjustable incline will work all your muscles. Plus, the pre-designed exercises will always keep you occupied.
What We Like About Both
- Who Can Argue with the price?
- Sturdy frames
- Easy and quick to assemble
- SpaceSaver folding design
- Measures heartbeat via pulse grips
- Great customer satisfaction – 4 Star Ratings on Amazon
- Have Shock Absorption Cushioning – better than running on roads for cardio (less stress on joints)
- Probably the best budget treadmills on the market under $500
What Isn’t So Good
- The warranties are short – (although not many verified customer owners on Amazon complain that the treadmill breaks down during the first 24 months). You have to remember that these are both budget treadmills (check the Horizon T101 treadmill for a longer warranty model that costs only a few hundred more) – although you can pay for an extended warranty
- Treadbelt is 50″ long – adequate but users with longer strides might feel a little claustrophobic
- Max User Capacity is 250 lbs – not suitable to heavier individuals
- Manual Incline- obviously at this price point you won’t get an automatic incline
Best Value Treadmills Under $500
These are definitely some of the best value treadmills on the market for way under $500. Also just have a look at the user reviews on Amazon – 4 stars each from a lot of very satisfied owners. These two treadmills may be the best available for home use due to their cost and reliability. It’s somewhat confusing the cheaper model the G 5.9 is more suitable for running on. The price difference is because it has a few less features than the Cadence R 5.2 – such as heart rate grips.
For those of you who like the luxury of an automatic incline you will have to look elsewhere and pay hundreds more dollars for. Its true that you have to fold up the legs of these models to get a manual incline. You will have to do this obviously before you start your workout, so it’s either flat jogging or incline jogging. Not both. But who cares at this price? It’s budget for a reason.
Naturally this is more of a light fitness model than something a fitness savant would want. The top speed is not good enough for running, nor is the cushioning forgiving enough. For that you need to double, triple or possibly even quadruple the price point.
These treadmills will also be louder than those like the Precor 9.35 in the premiere end of the market – but that’s because you can pay up to $5000 for one of these. But at less than $500 who says a little noise is going to bother you. Whichever model you get, one thing is for certain: they are both great value for jogging and brisk walking and cover the basics really well.
Belt length is very average at 50″ in length. But that still does not stop each Weslo treadmill getting great reviews on Amazon from hundreds of buyers. Size doesn’t always matter when it comes to budget at least.
So Which WesloTreadmil Is the Best?
You could split hairs concerning the difference between the 2 machines as they are practically identical. In terms of customer reviews, satisfaction and price though the G 5.9 wins. It represents terrific value for a no frills treadmill.