NordicTrack Incline Trainers are by standard, hybrids. You can use them as a regular treadmill or as a steep climber by tilting them. Incline training has been gaining a lot of popularity recently, and was highly publicized on the fitness show “The Biggest Loser” as one of the most effective ways for losing weight.
In 2011, the X7i was one of NordicTrack’s favourite treadmills. This popular model was followed by the X9i and X11i which were improved upgrades with advanced features like color touchscreens and internet connectivity. The X7i is still part of the brand’s lineup but in 2014 the model was revamped with a larger screen display and longer deck.
Nordic Track x7i Main Features:
- Challenging Workouts: As with all NordicTrack incline trainers, the incline on the X7i tilts to 40%. The immensely popular trainer Jillian Michaels
stated once that working out at a 40% incline burns approximately 5 times the calories as walking on a straight surface. You can also use the 6% decline feature for additional muscle toning.
- Reflex Cushioning: This feature ensures that you get a firm initiation point at one side of the track and at the other end have a soft landing point. Your joints will thank you for this!
- Console: One of the upgrades on the X7i in 2014 was a 10-inch full color touch screen monitor. The previous version had a 7-inch screen. You can choose to virtually walk or hike at any location you like using the built-in Google Trails Technology.
- iFit Compatible: If you have an iFit membership then you will be able to download a brand new workout daily! Other member benefits include racing virtually against Facebook friends and keeping track of your progress online.
- Audio: Connect your iPod or other mp3 device to this machine and groove your way to health! The accessory shelf and high-quality speakers are also very convenient!
- Longer Ramp: The 60-inch platform of the X7i is more than enough for most runners and long strides.
- Motor: The 2.75 HP motor on this is high-quality and comes with a lifetime warranty. It operates quietly and the transition of speeds and incline is rapid.
- Warranty: NordicTrack even improved their warranties and they are impressive. The entire unit comes with a lifetime warranty on the motor, deck and frame along with a five-year warranty on the components and electronics. There is also a two-year warranty for labor.
Despite the improvements, the reflex cushioning system is still not the most efficient. To simulate the feeling of a real terrain, the surface can be made slightly rougher; the addition of Adjustable Shock Cylinders will greatly help. We hate to be picky, but the design can also be improved and match the innovative technology accordingly.
The NordicTrack X7i Incline Trainer is perfect for more or less everyone. Reap extra benefits from Google Trails workouts, reflex cushion and personalized iFit training. Funnily, the X9i sometimes retails for less than the X7i. Learn more about NordicTrack Incline trainers before finalizing on a purchase.