Merit Fitness 715T Quick Peek – basic no frills folding frame treadmill with incline feature, suitable for walking, light jogging.
As they say, never overlook your health. Some people go about their daily routine never thinking about exercise. While that’s fine for now, their bodies are bound to look for it someday. The truth is that it’s really not that difficult to find time to workout. But if what you’re looking for is a more serious way to get fit, you definitely need to invest in the right kind of equipment. If you want to dip your toe in the treadmill market you can get a Merit 715T.
It is entry level, and whilst it isn’t packed with features, what it does offer though is more than adequate. Not everyone needs a 10″ HDTV and a 60″ running area.
Having a good piece of fitness equipment means that you’ll never need to worry about gym memberships for cardio ever again. You can exercise at home. Whether you do it before or after work is up to you. If you want to make the move and start training gym style at home you have 3 options.
For now, let’s hone in on one treadmill brand in particular: the Merit Fitness 715T Plus Treadmill. Like any smart buyer, you should get to know the product more. See what their current customers have to say, take a look at its features, and even look into the company’s reputation. You don’t want to spend the money for a unreliable treadmill that spends most of its time broken. Hence, you deserve to know everything about what you’re getting.
So whats the Merit 715T Plus Got?
According to Merit Fitness, their treadmills are built for longevity. In fact, every stage in its creation comes with a testing phase. A good 10 percent of what they’ve made go through rigorous inspection. It means that the officials take apart and then reassemble the machine just to see if it’s durable from within. Although this sounds misleading for the 715T, as it only comes with a 90 day labor and parts guarantee. The frame is guaranteed for life but you’d do well to trash a tubular steel frame.
Other Treadmills For Sale Offering More Value
For another treadmill on sale that has a 10% incline, a longer guarantee, larger running area plus more features and programs choose the Horizon T01 instead. You’ll get more peace of mind from the longer warranty. You also get 30 workout programs from this multi award winning treadmill.
715t Quality Issues
You can’t expect a treadmill in this price range to be made with high quality parts. If it had the warranty would last more than 90 days. You also have to look after it and make sure you use adequate lubrication on its parts. This treadmill would therefore only suit walking and very light jogging. That’s why the top speed is only 10mph. Any more and we fear the treadmill would burn out in less than 90 days, leaving Merit with huge replacement costs across the board.
The Merit Fitness 715T treadmill has been fitted with adjustable inclines and speed levels. It also has AEROsoft Plus cushioning so that you can exercise for longer periods of time and never worry about the impact on your back and joints. Respected industry repair site the Treadmill Doctor awarded this the runner up prize in 2012.
Here are also some of the product features you should know about the Merit 715T Plus:
- Personal training programs – The 4 programs are as follows: manual, intervals, rolling hills, and weight loss. Thus, you can personalize and change your programs according to what you need on that day.
- Speed Adjustment – You can adjust speed so that you can walk, jog, or run. It’s built to go from 0 to 10 mph with just a touch of your finger.
- Incline Levels – Simulate an uphill climb up a mountain and feel the calories burn. This is actually a great way to sculpt and strengthen certain parts of your body.
- Cushioning – As mentioned previously, the AEROsoft Plus conditioning lessens impact and provides you with a more comfortable workout. This is found underneath the 18 x 47-inch treadbelt.
- Monitor Contacts – See how your heart will be by monitoring its rate via the thumb pulse.
- LED Windows – It has 3 LED windows that are large enough for you to read through while you walk, jog, or run.
- Motor – The 2.5 THP/1.5 CHP motor stays steady even when you constantly adjust the pace of your exercise.
- Metal Frame – Frame that’s strong enough to provide stability. It can also be folded for easy storage.
Merit Fitness are owned by Johnson Health Tech. They are one of the biggest manufactures of fitness equipment in the world. It is true that they have made the merit fitness 715t plus to cater for the budget end of the market. It hasn’t necessarily been made with bad parts, but rather cheap non hard wearing parts that are not designed for the long term.
- Easy to use
- Programs good enough for casual users looking to get into shape
- Incline slope
- Simple to use
- Heart Monitors
- Basic Cushioning will provide more comfort than running outdoors on hard surfaces
We Don’t Like
- Belt length is only 47″ – but the price reflects this
- Warranty only 90 days on labor and parts
- Not built for high intensity workouts
- Frame is a bit light
- Max user weight limited to 250lbs
- Incline only 5%
- Only suitable for walkers
The Merit 715t is a basic machine for people who want something that’s easy to use. It is not suited for running, nor will it cater to runners with a longer stride. The warranty is extremely low. This is designed as an entry level treadmill for first time treadmill buyers who will only be using it for light walking. The motor is very light and we expect using it for long periods of time will wear it out rapidly.
If however you are a senior citizen this treadmill may interest you and if you don’t intend to be hammering it every day it should last you a few years. But if you use it vigorously be prepared for repairs and replacement parts.