Horizon Fitness t202 at a glance – Best for walking or jogging; Fairly priced, not too expensive considering all the basic features it has; Sturdy weight capacity; Gentle on knees and joints; Easy to use from setting up stage to storage; Average performance, cheap buy.
What would you invest in if you were trying to stay fit? Experts suggest that aside from lifting weights and isolation exercises, you need a good cardio routine. Many have opted to utilize brisk walking. The braver ones go jogging or running. Unfortunately, walking around the block isn’t always as convenient. You’d have to worry about the neighbor’s dog chasing you. Or, you could always run into shady individuals who may or may not do anything to you. Hence, you can always get a good treadmill for your home. That way, you don’t need to worry about your safety in any way.
Getting To Know The Horizon T202 Treadmill
The question now is: what brand should you get? There are several treadmill brands to choose from and this can somewhat get confusing. So, let’s hone in on one popular machine. The Horizon T202 Treadmill is the middle model from a 3-series release. And because it’s the middle sibling of the T101 and T303, you can expect to find that this model offers middle ground quality. In terms of features and price, it takes what the baby of the series has and improves upon it.
First of all, the Horizon T202 has a built-in automated 12 percent incline that you can adjust at 0.5 percent increments. This will provide you anything between a light gradient to a tough challenging slope. If you want a more personalized workout, this treadmill offers different programs for your weight and caloric goals. Simply put, you can monitor your progress and chart out your daily workouts for a good 31 days. If you don’t want to lose all that data, you can even have the chart saved on your iPod.
So, what can you expect to find in your Horizon T202 Treadmill?
- Space: This particular line comes with a folding system so you can easily store the machine after your workout. It comes with a hydraulic shock that makes storage easy and efficient.
- Motor: it runs on a descent 2.5 CHP engine that runs fairly quietly even at full speeds. You’ll hear a soft hum all throughout the workout but nonetheless, you need not be too concerned about the noise it makes. Customers who have it say that it’s nothing more than white noise that you can easily drown with your music.
- Programs: You can choose from 30 workout programs.
- Top Speed is 12mph and will challenge anyone who likes to run fast
- Incline: As mentioned, it can be inclined to 12 percent with 0.5 percent increments in between. This is great for simulating hill running. Try that for 15 mins for an intense workout.
- Screen: The console makes tracking easy. It comes with a 4-digit LED window that’s capable of displaying each alphanumeric program.
- Treadbelt: The belt in the latest model (T202-03) comes with a now almost standard running surface of 22 x 55 inches. It’s constructed to be sturdy and is 1.4 milliliters thick. It has a 2 ply treadbelt. Some manufacturers offer a single ply treadbelt, which is obviously thinner and will wear out quicker.
- It also has the patented PerfectFlex cushioning system to absorb the impact that usually affects your knees and joints.
- Other Features: The fact that the treadmill charges your iPod while you run is already a big plus, especially those who need their music all throughout the day. But that’s not the only thing its users appreciate. The T202 has a Nike + iPod feature you’ll like because it allows you to save and track your progress. If you want too cool down a bit, it also comes with a built-in fan.
- Weight Capacity: It can accommodate 300 pounds, plus it has a strengthened bracket at the front that caters for fast running. It stabilizes the machine and stops it from shaking, and is really useful when you’re running at full power.
- To keep track of your heart rate during workouts it has touch grips.
- Like the Horizon T101 it has a one year warranty on labor and parts and it offers lifetime on the frame and motor. You can of course purchase an extended warranty.
- There is also a Fan and a water bottle holder.
- Adequate motor – makes it a perfect buy for avid walkers and light joggers
- Adjustable 12% incline
- Very sturdy with maximal weight capacity
- Flexible and versatile – provides room for people with larger strides
- Easy on the knees and joints – it has the patented PerfectFlex cushioning system to absorb the impacts of walking or jogging
- Allows for a more personalized workout with its 12 different preset workouts
- You can manage your progress with its Advanced Goal Center feature which helps you plan out your workouts
- Easy console tracking with its Nike + iPod work-out tracking system (you can even save your data on your iPod)
- Multi-use – the Horizon T202 treadmill also charges your iPod while running
- Also has iPod compatible surround sound speaker system
- LED screen console is vividly clear
- Easy to assemble
- Easy to lift – it includes an easy up/down feature for lifting and cleaning
- Efficient storage
- Also comes with a built-in cooling down fan
- With its standard price, you get all the features you need for a good basic treadmill
1) The workout programs are non-customizable
2) No quick-start option (getting it going may take a while for beginners)
3) Soft hum when working out
4) Loud and repeated beeping may irritate some users
5) Some minor design issues noted by previous buyers (slightly outward facing speakers; console too high for short users)
6) Manual lift feature (in contrast to electronic lift versions)
7) Horizon have replaced the LCD screen on this model and some customers have noted it isn’t as easy to read as the older one.
8) Running surface not as long as commercial treadmills like you would find in a gym
With the Horizon T202, you get all the essentials needed for a good and satisfying workout. Varied programs -incline- cooling fan- ipod dock- it even has a reading rack. Combined with a lifetime warranty on the motor (& 1 year for parts & labor- good for this price range) and the fact that this treadmill is sturdy for fast running (although the motor isn’t quite powerful enough for sustained use at a high pace), then you soon get to see you get a lot of bang for your 800 bucks.
If you want to get in shape and lose some weight and like jogging this is a great buy. If you are more serious about running, you’ll need to spend more than this. You will be able to run on this treadmill, but be prepared for added maintenance and repairs over the long haul as the parts are not hard wearing enough.
In gist, this brand is perfect for those who don’t want to compromise quality without breaking the bank in the process. You get the same from most treadmills you find in the gym, and that’s enough to tell you that you won’t regret your purchase with this model.