If you want to invest in an elliptical machine, then you need to make sure that you put your money in a good brand. You must have scoured around the internet looking for ellipticals and come across a variety of names, one of which would be Epic. So, how does the Epic elliptical stack up when compared to other brands? Which model should you invest in? The only way to find out is to know the models available to you.
Ask yourself several questions when looking for the best Epic ellipticals:
- How much do you want to spend?
- What features are you looking to get?
- Are you getting value for money with your purchase?
- What are the machine’s owner reviews like?
- What are the warranties like?
The secret here is to consider the options very carefully. You don’t want to regret picking up a piece of equipment that breaks down every 6 months.
The following Epic ellipticals are produced by a company named Icon. With over 200 engineers under its wing, the manufacturer employees professionals in the design and craft of all their products. They make around $1 billion in sales each year because they have produced stable and reliable elliptical machines.
The Different Elliptical Models
The Epic A30E elliptical machine provides you with a lively workout. It comes with features that allow you to personalize your program. It has 30 preset workouts and iFit technology. Just access the screen and see how the machine simulates terrains. You also have a featured named Active Adjust which allows you to adjust the handlebars, pedals, and console according to your height and reach. And if you’re concerned about safety, the SafeZone feature has the ability to shut the machine off should anything come into close contact with the moving parts. And to top that all off, it is a gorgeous looking machine.
Here’s a breakdown of its features:
- It gives you 30 preset workout apps in terms of intensity, performance, incline, and calories burned
- It has a heavy duty 30-pound inertia-enhanced flywheel
- The epic a30e comes with an adjustable stride, depending on the power you need
- It has the famous iFit technology that lets you compete with users online and plan a racetrack course
- It Has a workout apps matrix and message center
- Basic iFit Subscription is free of charge
- Has Active Adjust so you can fix the position of the handlebars, pedals, and console
- Can sense danger with the help of the SafeZone feature
- The Quick Touch handle allows you to adjust ramp position and resistance
- EnergyReturn cushion pedals can easily be adjusted
- Comes with a 7-inch screen that plays pictures in high definition
- Has an EKG grip-pulse so you can monitor your heart rate while you exercise
- Compatible with the iPod and has two 2-inch speakers mounted on it
- Has a 4-inch CoolAire workout fan
- Comes with a water bottle holder
- Has the manufacturer’s lifetime warranty for frame and brake, and a fantastic 3 years for parts, and 1 year for labor
- Maximum capacity is at 350 pounds
Most Epic A30E Elliptical reviews from actual owners who have actually tried and tested the machine have given polar opposite ratings for this elliptical. This machine divides opinions.
It is a very heavy piece of equipment, which on the plus side equates it to be robust and steady. Epic ellipical machines also have incredible design, they are durable and come packed with features.
The warranty on parts is fantastic at 3 years. Saying that many other manufacturers offer less.
These machines are fairly new however, and it remains to be seen how they will stack up in the long run. A lot of customers reported that this machine squeaks a lot and when addressing Epic about the problems they had to wait a few weeks for technicians and parts to be shipped. This is surprising given the size of the parent company, Icon Fitness, but they have been known when compared to smaller manufacturers at least, to have a lagging customer service.
Like the previous model, this epic elliptical trainer motivates you with every workout. It comes with the above mentioned features and with a few add-ons for a more personalized workout routine.
This machine is our preferred choice because of the reasons you will read below.
You’ll find the following features with the Epic A32E elliptical:
- It comes with 35 preset workout apps (3 more than the A30E)
- 32-pound inertia-enhanced flywheel
- Has the Google technology that allows you a street map view with the help of a Google satellite – can also watch internet tv
- Allows you to simulate actual physical strides
- Has the adjustable, oversized EnergyReturn pedals that are cushioned for comfort
- Comes with internet active TV
- Incline + decline features + resistance is smoothly applied by magnets
- Maximum capacity is at 375 pounds
- Also comes with SafeZone, fan, and bpm pulse grip monitors
- Can hook your iPod up to its built in speakers
- Warranty is upgraded to 5 years on parts and 2 years on labor with lifetime on the frame and motor
With the A32E elliptical you get an impressive range of features. The console can play video and the warranty is a very fantastic 5 years on parts and 2 on labor, which is very impressive. The user weight is also increased to 375 pounds.
You have a good mix with the A32E. Comfort, entertainment, technology, and a plethora of workout apps.
The Epic A35E machine won a lot of Best Buy winners for 2013 across numerous treadmill review sites. This particular model is meant for the more serious health buffs who want to amp their workout on the elliptical. Again, you can assume that it comes with all the features mentioned above.
Its additional features include:
- Comes with 45 preset workout apps
- Incline & Decline levels
- Electronic Resistance (Magnetic)
- 35-pound inertia-enhanced flywheel
- 10-inch colored display touch screen (internet tv + Google Map powered)
- Comes with HD workouts
- Has USB and HDMI ports
- Has the chest wireless strap
- Fan + Water bottle holder
- Same warranty services as the A32E
- Maximum capacity is at 400 pounds
THE BOTTOM LINE
All 3 Epic ellipticals are made with commercial grade steel and are completely stunning looking. The A30E is a good entry level machine. It comes with more features than most treadmills for sale in this category and it gives a better warranty than most. Also remember an elliptical will also give you a full body workout.
Out of the 3 elliptical machines on review, the A32E is our preferred choice due to it hitting the right amount of features, it’s build quality, and the warranty upgrade.
The resistance is super smooth thanks to the magnetic technology and the 20 degree incline and – 10 degree decline will give you an exceptionally challenging full body workout.
There is an impressive range of features with the A30e. It is worth upgrading to the A32e, simply for the warranty alone.
The Epic A35e has of course taken what each previous elliptical has and upgraded it. You might be enamored by the HD workouts and the larger 10″ screen plus the extra workout apps.
Personally we’d go for the A32E. Hard to be disappointed with either Epic Elliptical.