At A Glance – The Healthrider H55t is a well rounded machine for those who enjoy brisk walking and running. No built in sound system or televisions, which is not surprising at this price point. What you do get is a solid motor that is protected for the long run by it’s cooling system. It’s nice to know after shelling out $700 that the manufacture has went to lengths to ensure this machine lasts the distance.
Why Is Having Your Own HealthRider Treadmill A Necessity?
If you’re big on running, have you ever thought how much more convenient having a treadmill would be? You don’t need to hit the gym just to get the workout you need. Just change into your running shoes and you’re good to go. You don’t need to drive anywhere or pay for a gym membership ever again, which is why many runners opt to invest in a good brand of treadmill. You can also exercise in all weather situations, so you’re not victim to the elements. You can also add a treadmill to your arsenal to compliment your outdoor running activities.
So, which brand should you choose? If you’ve checked around the market for health and fitness equipment, you must have heard about the HealthRider H55t treadmill. Why should you consider this? What makes this the treadmill of choice for running enthusiasts? Read on to find out.
What’s The Benefits Of Using A HealthRider H55t?
At less than $700, you don’t get the Porsche of treadmills. Nonetheless, it does offer great value for money. Where other treadmill manufactures add entertainment and technological advances to inflate the price, HealthRider (owned by Icon Fitness), put the money into the lifeblood of the treadmill – namely it’s parts and motor. You do get a comfortable viewing screen for measuring your workout data from the 6″ backlit screen, and you also get ample workout programs to choose from.
The 55t works perfectly for those who prefer ample space for brisk walking as it provides plenty of stride length for it. Customers who have purchased this machine and left reviews on shopping sites have duly noted this treadmill is made from substantial parts and it comes with features that allow for an efficient workout. What surfaces most is the appreciation concerning the iFit workout apps matrix, numeric message center, and Wi-Fi compatibility. Thus, you can use your iPod to keep you entertained for the long run. No pun intended.
Like other treadmills in this price range, it has a cushioned running surface to protect your back and joints from impact. Thus, you can run for longer periods of time because you stay comfortable. You can keep close track of your progress with the help of the EKG grip pulse that monitors your heart when you run at different speeds.
As for the incline, you get to adjust the floor from 0 to 10 percent with a maximum speed of 10 miles per hour. Moreover, there are 8 presets available for a decent high-calorie workout.
Incline training allows you to up the tempo of your workouts. It makes you work harder, and it allows you to simulate the conditions of a hill run. If you use Google maps along with iFit to program a route through hilly terrain, you’ll benefit greatly from the incline slope. If your treadmill doesn’t have incline you won’t get the full benefit out of working with iFit routines.
Specs and Features
- Motor: It’s built with the 2.25 CHP Endura Motor so that you get expanded power. You can cool the machine with the help of the axial fan that reduces the loud noises as it provides ventilation for the internal working units. And because of the fan, the motor will last longer.
- Incline Control: Adjust the machine’s incline with the 0 to 10 percent OneTouch Incline Control. You can change and adjust the steepness to add more of a challenge to your workout. This becomes automated when working with iFit routines.
- Treadbelt: With 20 x 55 inches of workout space, you have plenty of space for brisk walking and jogging.
- Speed Control: Again, you get the 0 to 10 MPH OneTouch Speed Control. Basically, you don’t need to scroll through the options, like you would with some treadmills. This one allows you to change speed easily between runs with just one touch.
- Weight Capacity: The machine can accommodate up to 300 lbs in weight.
- Warranty: You get lifetime warranty for the frame, 25 years for the motor, and 1 year for parts and labor.
- FlexStride Cushioning: Protects your joints, especially during long runs.
- SpaceSaver Design: Maximize your workout area by easily folding up the treadmill after every workout.
- Dual-Grip BioLogic: Allows you to monitor your heart rate with every run. The sensors are strategically placed along the handlebars. Access this to view your heart stats.
- iFit Technology: The treadmill is compatible with iFit Technology so your exercises will be powered by Google Maps. You also get a personal trainer in the form of Jillian Michaels (fitness coach, author & weight loss trainer). Push yourself to the limit and compete with your friends and competitors around the world.
- Backlit Display: Comes with the 6” Backlit Display that’s enhanced by the RaceTrack Display. You can easily monitor your speed, time, distance, pulse, and calories consumed so that you know where you’re at all throughout your run.
- Workout Apps: Choose from 16 built-in programs that have been designed for maximum results.
- Music Port: The port is compatible with the iPod. You can add in some beats to your routine with the help of the fitted Intermix Acoustics 2.0 Sound System that provides pristine audio.
With the Healthrider H55t, you get a treadmill that’s more than adequate for it’s cost. It’s the perfect piece of machinery for starters. As for the assembly, some brands of treadmills are a nightmare to put together. This one, on the other hand, is all nuts and bolts. It’s fairly easy to assemble and is also just as easy to store. Some parts like the treadbelt could have been toughened to last longer, but then the price would have to be increased, taking this out of reach of mid level treadmill buyers.
Once you raise the budget a few hundred pounds you get tougher belts made with extra ply, longer lasting rollers, more complex cushioning systems and heavier motors. All of which do not necessarily make a more enjoyable treadmill. And most of which can drive the budget beyond a large bracket of people.
Is It Worth The Investment?
The HealthRider H55t treadmill is definitely worth investing in if you want a home workout machine and aren’t a professional runner. It’s a sturdy and multi-functional brand of treadmill that allows you access to your basic workout needs and so much more. It’s fitted with supplementary features that you may not always find in a treadmill of this price range such as one touch incline and heart grip monitors.
What We Like
- The weight capacity is 300lbs, so even if you are nowhere near that weight it shows the treadmill is tough enough to endure plenty of thorough workouts.
- One touch incline is a great feature in a treadmill that costs around $700.
- Other great features include the FlexStride Cushioning which can leave your joints and muscles feeling less battered after a workout.
- And for once not specifically a workout benefit, but rather a treadmill endurance benefit in a different form – the self cooling drive and fan system that keeps inner parts cool and prolongs the life of it’s parts.
- Easy to assemble
- Folds easily courtesy of Spacesaver Design
- Inbuilt heart sensors
- Motor is good and cooled for longevity
What We Don’t Like
- Speed is limited to 10mph so it isn’t suitable for faster runners.
- iPod wireless adapter for iFit is sold separately.
- Power off button is in an awkward place, very close to the base of the treadmill.
- Some users report it being noisy at higher speeds
- Treadbelt is not of commercial grade
- Stride length could be longer
- Machine doesn’t feature a decline function (you won’t be able to simulate downhill slopes in iFit or on manual modes)